Creditors often file lawsuits with little or no documentation to prove their case in court. Unfortunately, consumers are not always aware of the defenses in which a lawsuit can be attacked. As a result, there are often judgments entered against people that may not have resulted if a proper defense had been presented. For this reason, it is important that you seek the advice of a debt defense attorney in order to protect your rights and assets.
At Stanford Law Firm, there are several debt collection issues for which we might be able to help:
- Your wage are being garnished from a judgment
- A default judgment has been entered
- You’ve received a court summons for a debt lawsuit
- You missed a court date regarding a debt lawsuit
- You are receiving harassing phone calls regarding debt
If you are being sued by a debt collector, give us a call. We have the experience and knowledge to help you fight back.